Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wedding Reception

If I could pick one word to describe our reception, it would be amazing! I am very grateful to my in-laws, my friend Ashlee and my mom. Without them none of it would have been possible. My in-laws helped with our setup. It looked beautiful when I arrived. I picked Purple for our color, everything looked perfect together. My friend Ashlee and I spent the afternoon prior cutting crossiants for chicken salad sandwiches. The evening before I took my sister in-law Shayla to the store with me to go and get fruit. Would you believe they charge $30.00 for one measley platter of fruit. That's just outrageous! So I swallowed my pride and bought it anyways. It had cantelope melon, strawberries, pineapple and water melon. I love water melon! The morning of the reception, my mother in-law made like 5 pans of green bean casserole and Ashlee made like 6 pans of funeral potatoes. Now I know what your thinking funeral potatoes at a wedding, what were we thinking? Holy cow do you know how delicious they are? That's what I was thinking. Our cake looked amazing too! Thanks to Harmons bakery. We had a nice turn out of guests. Some of my husbands friends came down from Roy to be there, which made it even more special for him. His best friend Joe was there too. Both my sisters came, with their dates. All of his siblings made it. It was really nice to have all of his siblings there, I had just met his little brother Tim like 3 weeks prior to this. I actually met him 2 days prior to our wedding, which was kind of wierd, but he has been on a mission for the church in Mexico for the last two years. All of his mom's sisters came but one. His dad's brother and his wife made it. His dad's friend from work was kind enough to come to our reception to take some pictures of our family and special day, he also took a lot of my wedding pictures. As the reception started his dada said an opening prayer and welcomed everybody. Our family and friends all took their turns standing up, introducing themselves and offering their advice to us, the newly weds. We ate and visited for a while with everyone, then we cut the cake. That was really funny! When Luke fed me my piece of cake he was gentle but still made sure he got it on the out side of my mouth. When I fed him his, I was a little more aggressive but at the same time the piece of cake broke in my hand! So it was pretty messy. We had an amazing time and we are so grateful that we got to share our happiness with our family and friends. We waited until we got home to open our presents, but when we did it was fun. We got quite a bit of cash from everyone, a gift card to target (which bought our new comforter set), a really nice griddle (it makes awesome french toast), a nice clock, a beautiful album for our wedding pictures, some new towels, silver ware and an amazing book on finances. I have yet to send out my thank you cards though, I guess I better get that done soon!









My beautiful babies.















This was my little family, before Luke added
to us.















This is our family plus our new addition, Luke!














Very happy to be married!















Luke thought we were done taking pictures.















Just a little cake fight!














The aftermath.


Some of our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment